Logo

Logo

Welcome!

I'm just a regular mom with a passion for all things creative! Being a wife and mom to four little boys is demanding, but I haven't lost my identity in it. I'm still a woman who loves to try new things and explore ways of bringing creativity into my life. This journey of being the Creative Chaos Mom is going to be a fun one, so feel free to join me in the chaos and share a little of your own along the way!

Friday, June 25, 2010

The Lonely Life


Photo by Stephanie Morgan Photography

I am finding more and more that the life of a stay-at-home mom can be a lonely one. Especially for those who are just starting out on their motherhood journey or have young ones who haven't entered the crazy world of school just yet.

I remember over the last few years how desperately I needed close girlfriends, a form of companionship, a lifeline to the world that swirled around my secluded life at home. I prayed and prayed for God to bring women into my life who could come alongside and share in my journey. Women who would understand what my morning to night routine was like with it's chaos, monotony and exhaustion. I felt alone. I had my amazing husband for support, but even he couldn't fully understand what I was going through. I was surviving, struggling to breath in what felt like a never ending wave of overwhelmingness. I was in a spiritual desert, and I was desperately seeking to get out.

As the boys got older things became easier, and I began to regroup and get my bearings on life back. I finally had enough "umph" in me to get out of the house and get involved to find the friendships I was so deeply needing. I signed up for my local MOPS group (Mothers of Pre-Schoolers) hoping to just get out of the house and enjoy some adult conversation. I never would have guessed that some of these ladies would one day fill my soul with joy and laughter and share in the ups and downs of life that come so steadily. I get so excited every time I get to spend time with them because they truly are a breath of fresh air in my life.

Around the same time I began going to MOPS, I started a prayer group with a couple of women I had become friends with at church. They also had the same desire for companionship in this motherhood journey and were feeling alone in their life as a homemaker. Our little prayer group has now grown to seven women. Not everyone can make it every week due to sickness or other plans, but whether it's two or seven, I always come away from our meeting refreshed and so very thankful. We are committed to encouraging and supporting each other. We lift each other up in prayer, and we challenge each other to be the best moms and wives that we can be.

I know that God was walking with me through my time of survival. He is faithful. It fills my heart with joy though to say that my spiritual desert is finally experiencing rain, and He is using these women to bring refreshing drinks of love, support and encouragement to this thirsty soul.

Through this experience my eyes have been opened. I see these moms with thirsty souls all the time desperately looking for a place to belong, and I feel a mission to seek them out, come alongside them and bring them the encouragement that they need. God made us for the purpose of relationship afterall...relationship with Him and sharing His love through relationships with others.

It's so important to have close relationships in your life, people who you can count on and who will keep you accountable to be the best version of yourself.

This stay-at-home life doesn't have to be a lonely one. If you're not already involved in a mom's group or a group of women (big or small) who you can share your motherhood journey with, I would encourage you to do so. Many cities have mom groups, and MOPS is a worldwide organization with groups all over the U.S.

With all that being said, take a deep breath and go for a walk outside your comfort zone to seek out some fellow "mommy" friends. You'll be glad you did!

"For where two or three have gathered together in my name, I am there in their midst." Matthew 18:20

For more information on MOPS or to find a group in your area, please go to www.mops.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment