Logo

Logo

Welcome!

I'm just a regular mom with a passion for all things creative! Being a wife and mom to four little boys is demanding, but I haven't lost my identity in it. I'm still a woman who loves to try new things and explore ways of bringing creativity into my life. This journey of being the Creative Chaos Mom is going to be a fun one, so feel free to join me in the chaos and share a little of your own along the way!

Monday, June 28, 2010

Wedding Cake


Okay, so I survived my first wedding cake! It was ridiculously stressful and did not turn out exactly how I envisioned (lots of unexpected bumps along the way), but I did it none the less. I learned a LOT of good lessons and am certain that with some good practice I might actually get good at this cake thing. Hopefully if I ever do another wedding cake it will be buttercream. I'm still learning the ropes with this whole fondant thing. Trial and error and of course a LOT of practice are needed to master this edible art form. For now, I think I'm going to stick with showers and birthdays for my cake making hobby. Less stress equals more fun!


The wedding was for my dear friends Whitney and R.J. Whitney is one of our favorite babysitters and was the very first person to bring me a baby gift when I was pregnant with my first child (only 5 weeks along). Five weeks?!!!! What can I say? She LOVES kids, and she is so great with them. Her fun bubbly personality is contagious, and you can't help but smile around her. R.J. grew up across the street from us, and is as kind and loyal as they come. It's been fun to watch this sweet couple fall in love!

They are passionate and fun, and I know they have a lifetime of fun adventures ahead of them. I can't wait for them to have there own little kiddos running around because they are going to be fantastic parents. For now, they are enjoying every minute of their sweet life as newlyweds!

My middle son, Owen, was the ringbearer at their wedding (He looked SO cute!!!), and my amazing friend, Stephanie Morgan, was one of the photographers. All of the photos you see here were taken by her. You can check out more of the wedding photos at Stephanie Morgan Photography.


The wedding was beautiful as was the bride! I'm so happy for Whitney and R.J. and wish them all the best as they begin their marriage journey together! Congratulations guys!!!

5 comments:

  1. The cake was PERFECT!! If I could do it all over again, I wouldn't have anything different!! Thank you SO MUCH Amber!!! :) We love you! And your whole family!! :) --Whitney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Whit!!! I am still in awe of your beauty! Stunning is a word that comes to mind along with gorgeous and striking! I'm SO very happy for you and R.J.! Much love to you both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Job Amber! The cake is beautiful! So do you see more wedding cakes in your future?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marisa-Thanks! I don't know about the wedding cakes. I lost sleep for like a month before I made it because I was so stressed about it...LOL! Maybe with practice it might not be so stressful. I'm helping photograph a wedding this September, so that will be a fun different side of things. We'll see what the future holds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amber, I see zero blemishes in the cake - it's incredible! And Owen - what a handsome little man he is these days!!

    ReplyDelete