Logo

Logo

Welcome!

I'm just a regular mom with a passion for all things creative! Being a wife and mom to four little boys is demanding, but I haven't lost my identity in it. I'm still a woman who loves to try new things and explore ways of bringing creativity into my life. This journey of being the Creative Chaos Mom is going to be a fun one, so feel free to join me in the chaos and share a little of your own along the way!

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Recipe: Beef Dips

This is a fan favorite in my house. My dear friends, Theresa and Cheryl, threw me a beautiful baby shower for my third son. They served this yummy recipe, and it was an instant hit with all the ladies. I've tweaked it a little based on what I usually have in my cupboard. This is an easy crock-pot recipe and always gets rave reviews!

Beef Dips

2-3 pounds beef (roast or tri-tip works great!)
1 package of Lipton onion soup mix
3 cups of water
1 beef bouillon cube or 1 teaspoon loose beef bouillon
1 package of sandwich rolls (french or sourdough are my favorites)
1/2 lb. of sliced havarti cheese (you can also use swiss or cheddar based on preference)
1 stick of butter

Trim any fat off roast. Place roast in crock-pot. Sprinkle soup mix over roast. Add water. Toss in bouillon cube. Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours. Use two forks to pull apart and shred meat. I usually just do it in the crock-pot, but you can pull the roast out and shred it on a cutting board or plate if that's easier for you. Let beef soak in juices for a few more minutes. Meanwhile, pull out a medium-size frying pan and set to medium-high heat. Put 1 tablespoon of butter in pan. Swirl around to melt. Open sandwich roll and place face down in butter until toasted (approximately 1-2 minutes). Cut cheese slices in half. Lay 2-3 half slices across sandwich roll. Use fork or tongs to place meat over cheese (make sure some of the juice has drained off meat before placing on roll otherwise you'll end up with a soggy sandwich). Close sandwich and slice in half. Place some of the beefy onion soup from the crock-pot into a small bowl using a ladle. Dip sandwiches in the soup and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment