Logo

Logo

Welcome!

I'm just a regular mom with a passion for all things creative! Being a wife and mom to four little boys is demanding, but I haven't lost my identity in it. I'm still a woman who loves to try new things and explore ways of bringing creativity into my life. This journey of being the Creative Chaos Mom is going to be a fun one, so feel free to join me in the chaos and share a little of your own along the way!

Friday, February 12, 2010

Sweet Valentine

For those of you that went away to college, you remember how exciting it was to go to your P.O. Box and find a package! Snail mail is a lost art form in today's society, but everyone still loves to get a handwritten note or special package now and then. I also remember what it was like to be a single girl around Valentine's Day. At my college, some of the girls actually wore black that day like they were in mourning or something! Not everyone has a "special someone", so with that being said, I thought I'd try something new this year to bring some happy into a few single ladies' Valentine's Day. We have three very sweet babysitters that are off at college, and of course our family misses them dearly. They happen to all be single this year, and I have three little boys who love each of them in their own special way. I let each of the boys pick one of the girls to send a valentine to. We put together a small package filled with cute little heart stickers, light-up pens, note pads, candy and swirly straws (nothing super fancy) and included a Valentine's day card with a picture of one of the boys and a note saying "Happy Valentine's Day! I love you!" It was super easy to put together, and the boys thought it was so fun picking out the little "treats" we sent. I know it will make each of the girls' Valentine's Day feel special this year just by the simple fact that someone thought of them and loves them enough to let them know it. So, if there is someone special in your life that could be cheered up this holiday by a simple handwritten note, card or package, then take a little time out of your day to let them know they matter to you by heading over to the post office. Hope you all have a wonderful Valentine's Day!

4 comments:

  1. Awww, I miss seeing you and Jason around Liberty on the holidays! Going to the airport... Easter dinner watching Shrek... escaping knife wielding roommates...

    ~Kelly Azevedo
    blogging at http://myfriendkelly.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly-You are missed too! Can't wait to check out your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay! Girl, I am already inspired! I too feel like I live a life of "beautiful chaos," as I call it in our home :) Such great ideas! So creative! I am so psyched to learn from you! Thank you for following a passion to write. I know it has already got me excited to explore the creativity in our "beautiful chaos" much love my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michele-Love you girl! You foxy ladies and your boys are loved and missed! Please give hubby and boys a big hug from us!

    ReplyDelete